Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Newbies and Menu Bars

I would like to add a menu bar to my Excel app, but only have it
visible/accessable in this app. I have had no luck in writing the VBA
script to do this. I have read the help file too many times, now
nothing seems to make sense. To make matters worse, now I have somehow
managed to delete the standard built-in menu bar!

Menu Bar text: Ops
Menu Item1: Scales
Menu Item2: Regions
Menu Item3: Locale

Also, what events can I assign to each menu item?

Any help would be appreciated.

Perhaps someone has some examples to help me out?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is a good place to start:

File Title: Customizing Menu Bars, Menus, and Menu Items in Microsoft(R)
Excel 97
File Name: WE1183.EXE
File Size: 58041 bytes
File Date: 06/20/97
Visual Basic(R) for Applications code to customize menus in Microsoft Excel
97. This Application Note contains code examples that you can use with the
following elements: menu bars, menus, menu items, submenus, and shortcut
menus.

and another:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/of...97/web/008.htm
MS Officer 97 Programmer's Guide
Chapter 8: Menus and Toolbars

Here are other resources:
How to customize menus and menu bars in Excel

Here is an article which talks about attaching toolbars:

http://www.microsoft.com/exceldev/articles/toolbatt.htm

Here is an article about creating commandbars with code:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/techart/ofcmdbar.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=159619
XL97: Sample Macros for Customizing Menus and Submenus

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=213550
XL2000: Sample Macros for Customizing Menus and Submenus

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=167382
XL97: How to Restore a Built-In Menu

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=213708
XL2000: How to Hide and Restore a Built-In Menu

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/techart/ofcmdbar.htm
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/te...dn_replace.htm
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/of...arcontrols.htm
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/of...97/web/008.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=159466
Q159466 - XL97: List of ID Numbers for Built-In Command Bar Controls

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=213552
Q213552 - XL2000: List of ID Numbers for Built-In CommandBar Controls

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=162814
Q162814 - XL97: Sample Macros to Return ID for a CommandBar Control

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=213211
Q213211 - XL2000: Sample Macros to Return ID for a CommandBar Control

Tom Ogilvy