CathyJ

Default Lost all my menu bars and tool bars

I used a program to create a new menu bar, and now i have lost my main
menubar whenever I open Excel. Can anyone please help? I have tried
Alt +F and Alt+V, and held down Shift and Ctrl when opening Excel. The
latter opened in Safe Mode, but when restarted, Excel main menu bar was
still missing.

All suggestions very much appreciated

Many thanks,
Cathy

--
CathyJ
CathyJ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26025

rgarber50

Try Excel Menu - View - toolbars - customize - hit the reset button.

Hope that helps.
Richard

CathyJ Wrote:
I used a program to create a new menu bar, and now i have lost my main
menubar whenever I open Excel. Can anyone please help? I have tried
Alt +F and Alt+V, and held down Shift and Ctrl when opening Excel. The
latter opened in Safe Mode, but when restarted, Excel main menu bar was
still missing.

All suggestions very much appreciated

Many thanks,
Cathy

--
rgarber50
rgarber50's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11350
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=393771

CathyJ

I am sorry, but I can't do that as my main menu bar is missing too. I
have no File/Edit/View/Tools menu

Cathy

--
CathyJ
CathyJ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26025
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=393771

Dave Peterson

You could try this:

Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE (where macros live)
hit ctrl-g to get to the immediate window

type this and hit enter:
application.CommandBars("worksheet menu bar").Enabled = true

Then that toolbar will be visible.

=====
Another option that will destroy all your customized changes on all toolbars:

close excel
use windows start button|search
to find *.xlb (where excel stores toolbars)
rename them all to *.xlbOLD

Then open excel.

If it's ok, you can delete all the *.xlbOLD. If you don't like what it did,
just rename the *.xlbOLD back to *.xlb.

(You will have to customize your toolbars if you do use this option, though.
After you customize the toolbar, store a backup version of that *.xlb and then
you can just copy that file back if something bad happens again.)