Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default maximum of rows in custom list

Hi,

I have about 2000 rows I want to add in a custom list in order to sort
another column that contains 4000 rows. The problem is that the custom list
only uses the first 180 rows or so. It seems like the maximum rows or items
you can add to a custom list is 180. Does anybody know a solution to this
problem.?

p.s. already split the 2000 rows in 180 rows parts...this is tricky
however...you tend to make mistakes...

Please help,
thanks in advance,
Jootje
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I can't say what the limit is, but I wouldn't expect it to be in the
thousands.

You would probably be better off using a lookup table that equates the sort
value to an order/sequence number. then use a vlookup function next to each
sort value to get the order/sequence value from the vlookup table. then you
can do a normal sort using the order/sequence number to sort your data.

Tom Ogilvy