DBYRON

Default maximum value in a list less than specified value

I'm in dire need of help, i'm at the final stage of a large project and i'm
stuck on the final hurdle, which almost seems easy to do but i cant do it. I
have a list of data and all i need to do is extract from the list the closest
value either equal to or less than a value i specify.

So to be simple i have a list of numbers say; 10, 20, 30 ,40 and i say which
number is less than or equal to 35 so it would display the figure 30. I know
i can do it under a filter but just need it to be automatic as the list of
data changes and will just display the one number in a cell i pick.

Any help will save my remaining hair from being pulled out. Thank you