Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find Contents of Cell (Macro) - Help me!

Hi,

Could anyone please help me with the following problem:

I want to write a macro that will find the contents of the cel
currently highlighted on another sheet. For example:

Dog
Cat
Sheep

the cell highlighted is cat, so i want to find cat on another sheet.
Another time it is sheep, so I want to find that.

I can't work out how to do this, so any help would be fantastic.

Thanks so much!

Wil

--
MrMerto
MrMerton's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1096

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Worksheets("Sheet2").activecell

--

HTH

RP

"MrMerton" wrote in
message ...

Hi,

Could anyone please help me with the following problem:

I want to write a macro that will find the contents of the cell
currently highlighted on another sheet. For example:

Dog
Cat
Sheep

the cell highlighted is cat, so i want to find cat on another sheet.
Another time it is sheep, so I want to find that.

I can't work out how to do this, so any help would be fantastic.

Thanks so much!

Will

--
MrMerton
MrMerton's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=398663

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am just a shade unclear. Do you want to Highlight a value on sheet 1 (the
active sheet) and look up that value on sheet 2 (the non active sheet) or do
you want to return the highlighted value from sheet 2 (the non active sheet)
to sheet 1 (the acive sheet {Bob's Solution})
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"MrMerton" wrote:

Hi,

Could anyone please help me with the following problem:

I want to write a macro that will find the contents of the cell
currently highlighted on another sheet. For example:

Dog
Cat
Sheep

the cell highlighted is cat, so i want to find cat on another sheet.
Another time it is sheep, so I want to find that.

I can't work out how to do this, so any help would be fantastic.

Thanks so much!

Will

--
MrMerton
MrMerton's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10962
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=398663

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I want to highlight the text within a box on the active sheet and fin
that text anywhere (or within a range) on the inactive sheet.

I have tried recording a macro for it (i'm not very good with VBA) bu
either can't paste the cell's value into the find box or if I go int
the cell and copy and paste the text into the find box it does th
exact same search everytime.

Thanks a lot!

Wil

--
MrMerto
MrMerton's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1096
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39866

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What do you men by a box on the active sheet?

--

HTH

RP

"MrMerton" wrote in
message ...

Hi,

I want to highlight the text within a box on the active sheet and find
that text anywhere (or within a range) on the inactive sheet.

I have tried recording a macro for it (i'm not very good with VBA) but
either can't paste the cell's value into the find box or if I go into
the cell and copy and paste the text into the find box it does the
exact same search everytime.

Thanks a lot!

Will

--
MrMerton
MrMerton's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=398663

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, I'm really not being clear. I want to write a macro that copy
the text within a cell and then finds that text on another work sheet.

So, two work sheets, one with a list of names, the other which contain
a great big database of names. I want to find the names from the firs
sheet on the second sheet and highlight the cells on the second shee
red if they match.

Does that make sense?

Any help very greatfully received!

Wil

--
MrMerto
MrMerton's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1096
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39866

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

MrMerton:

Try the solution for my posting entitled "Find Cell Contents on Another
Sheet in Workbook" in this group. Although you CAN use a macro, the
formula is much easier to use. You should be able to use conditional
formatting based on the output of the formula to highlight the cells
for you.

Here's the link, but I don't know how to make it a hyperlink for you.

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6bb05072d4155f

Good luck!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi. I have the same problem. What I need is that I have a serie of # in a
row and in the first row I have a cell that I wrote a # and with Vlookup I
can know in what row is that #. Now what I want is to create a macro so when
I press it it will take me to that row where that # is. Can anybuddy help me
with this??