Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson[_4_] Jim Thomlinson[_4_] is offline

Default Find Contents of Cell (Macro) - Help me!

I am just a shade unclear. Do you want to Highlight a value on sheet 1 (the
active sheet) and look up that value on sheet 2 (the non active sheet) or do
you want to return the highlighted value from sheet 2 (the non active sheet)
to sheet 1 (the acive sheet {Bob's Solution})
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"MrMerton" wrote:

Hi,

Could anyone please help me with the following problem:

I want to write a macro that will find the contents of the cell
currently highlighted on another sheet. For example:

Dog
Cat
Sheep

the cell highlighted is cat, so i want to find cat on another sheet.
Another time it is sheep, so I want to find that.

I can't work out how to do this, so any help would be fantastic.

Thanks so much!

Will

--
MrMerton