Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Text to speech nuisance

Hi, all !

Okay, I confess. I give up. I recently had to reinstall MS Office on my
system, and every time I go into Excel, a pop-up box alerts me to the fact
that Text-To-Speech is not installed, and it keeps asking me if I want it
installed. I've been through the Office add/delete features in Control
Panel, but can't seem to rid my system of this Text-To-Speech stuff. I think
it's running in the background, regardless of how I answer the pop-up box,
because my system has been dragging ever since I reinstalled Office. Does
anyone have any clues as to how to wipe this out permanently??

Thanks!

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jeff,

Perhaps the following ng thread will help:

http://tinyurl.com/bxfks

---
Regards,
Norman

"Jeff Wright" wrote in message
Hi, all !

Okay, I confess. I give up. I recently had to reinstall MS Office on my
system, and every time I go into Excel, a pop-up box alerts me to the fact
that Text-To-Speech is not installed, and it keeps asking me if I want it
installed. I've been through the Office add/delete features in Control
Panel, but can't seem to rid my system of this Text-To-Speech stuff. I
think
it's running in the background, regardless of how I answer the pop-up box,
because my system has been dragging ever since I reinstalled Office. Does
anyone have any clues as to how to wipe this out permanently??

Thanks!

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Norman,

Thanks! The thread did help. I've deleted the "speakonenter" item in the
appropriate registry key and hope for no further problems. I wonder why
Microsoft makes this so difficult to do.

Thanks again,

Jeff