Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue).Crosses = xlMinimum

Windows XP, Excel 2003

OK, I have an add-in that generates a chart. I desperately want th
x-axis to appear at the bottom of the chart, not somewhere in th
middle as it sometimes does.
So, I consulted my reference books/websites and found the command:

ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue).Crosses = xlMinimum

BUT, this command puts the x-axis at the TOP of the chart for som
reason.

Why is my chart disobeying me?!?!
I've tried searching your forum but can't find advice on this.
Does this happen for others? Is there a way around it

--
Stacy3521
Stacy35216's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1595

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Stacy,

It's been awhile since I've done any of this, but the help file does say
that the Crosses property is not available for 3D and Radar charts.

If that is not the issue, you might try specifying the crossing point using...
With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue)
.Crosses = xlCustom
.CrossesAt = 0 ' or the appropriate value
End With

Also, what happens if you use xlMaximum as the Crosses value?

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Stacy35216"

wrote in message

Windows XP, Excel 2003
OK, I have an add-in that generates a chart. I desperately want the
x-axis to appear at the bottom of the chart, not somewhere in the
middle as it sometimes does.
So, I consulted my reference books/websites and found the command:
ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue).Crosses = xlMinimum
BUT, this command puts the x-axis at the TOP of the chart for some
reason.
Why is my chart disobeying me?!?!
I've tried searching your forum but can't find advice on this.
Does this happen for others? Is there a way around it?
--
Stacy35216

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is just a regular scatter plot, log scale.

I can't specify a crossing point because the "bottom" of the chart
depends on the data entered - the scale changes as needed.

Oh, well maybe I can by choosing the crossing point depending on the
least y-value of the data set. I'll try that. I'm just miffed that I
found the command to do exactly what I want to do and it won't work.

xlMaximum was the first thing I tried - it also put the x-axis at the
top of the chart.

Thanks for the input, though. If there's not a better way I'll just
write some code to find the what the "bottom" of the chart will be and
then force the crossing at that point.

--
Stacy35216
Stacy35216's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15952

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For posterity's sake, here's a method that works:

ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue).Crosses = xlCustom
ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue).CrossesAt =
ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue).MinimumScale

On principle, I still feel cheated that I couldn't use the command
specifically designed for this purpose. :)

--
Stacy35216
Stacy35216's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15952
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=396285

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Stacy,

I did some research and found that one cure was to set the
CrossesAt value to "some stupidly huge negative number or
with logarithmic axes set it to a very small number"
It's something to try.

Regards,
Jim Cone

"Stacy35216"

wrote in message

This is just a regular scatter plot, log scale.
I can't specify a crossing point because the "bottom" of the chart
depends on the data entered - the scale changes as needed.
Oh, well maybe I can by choosing the crossing point depending on the
least y-value of the data set. I'll try that. I'm just miffed that I
found the command to do exactly what I want to do and it won't work.
xlMaximum was the first thing I tried - it also put the x-axis at the
top of the chart.
Thanks for the input, though. If there's not a better way I'll just
write some code to find the what the "bottom" of the chart will be and
then force the crossing at that point.
--
Stacy35216

ActiveChart.Location help Dave Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 November 16th 07 07:38 PM
Adjusting the y axes on 2-axes line graphs aqua Charts and Charting in Excel 2 March 3rd 07 04:28 PM
ActiveChart.ADD Fails Sean McPoland[_6_] Excel Programming 3 September 24th 04 04:19 AM
xlMinimum Joe90 Excel Programming 0 March 2nd 04 01:31 PM
Argument List Of ActiveChart.Location And ActiveChart.ChartType Mo[_3_] Excel Programming 2 September 1st 03 11:12 PM