Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Getting rid of update links popup?

When I open a worksheet I get a popup asking if I'd like to update all linked
information. Is there a way I could program it so that they are
automatically updated and the popup does not occure?

I was able to put an event handler on open to update the linked information
but it still give the popup. If I choose yes, then the linked info is
updated twice.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
menu Tools Options , tab Edit, uncheck the 'Ask to update automatic links'.
Sébastien
<http://www.ondemandanalysis.com

"Scott buckwalter" wrote:

When I open a worksheet I get a popup asking if I'd like to update all linked
information. Is there a way I could program it so that they are
automatically updated and the popup does not occure?

I was able to put an event handler on open to update the linked information
but it still give the popup. If I choose yes, then the linked info is
updated twice.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I'm the developer, not the user. Due
to multiple reasons, I cannot ask the users to uncheck the box. I'd like to
find a way to ignore the box in programming so that the users do not need to
do anything. Is there a way?

Scott

"Scott buckwalter" wrote:

When I open a worksheet I get a popup asking if I'd like to update all linked
information. Is there a way I could program it so that they are
automatically updated and the popup does not occure?

I was able to put an event handler on open to update the linked information
but it still give the popup. If I choose yes, then the linked info is
updated twice.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

see Excel VBA help. "Open" has an "updatelinks" parameter

Tim

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA