Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Update links box gives Continue or Edit Links dialog

Hi,

I have one main spreadsheet. To this spreadsheet are linked 3 other files
via vlookup formlae where the named range referred to in the formulae is
linked to a non-dynamic range in the main spreadsheet. The ranges are
identically defined in each spreadsheet. Two of the linked files have no
problem when Update Links is chosen upon file open. The third file, however,
always returns the "one or more of your links could not be updated" box where
you have to choose to Continue or Edit Links. If I choose Edit Links, it
tells me that the status is OK. If I choose Continue, and then edit my links
to refresh the data, the status changes from Unknown to OK.

I can't think of any reason why this third file does not automatically
accept the link.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm using the Name Manager Add-In to check all
of my ranges and they are identical.

Thanks very much.

Karen.