Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default Getting rid of update links popup?

see Excel VBA help. "Open" has an "updatelinks" parameter

Tim

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"Scott buckwalter" wrote in
message ...
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I'm the developer, not the user.

Due
to multiple reasons, I cannot ask the users to uncheck the box. I'd like

find a way to ignore the box in programming so that the users do not need

do anything. Is there a way?

Scott

"sebastienm" wrote:

Hi,
menu Tools Options , tab Edit, uncheck the 'Ask to update automatic

links'.
Sébastien
<http://www.ondemandanalysis.com

"Scott buckwalter" wrote:

When I open a worksheet I get a popup asking if I'd like to update all

linked
information. Is there a way I could program it so that they are
automatically updated and the popup does not occure?

I was able to put an event handler on open to update the linked

information
but it still give the popup. If I choose yes, then the linked info is
updated twice.