Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combobox Value

Hi!!

I´m having trouble with subtract the value of the current item in my
combobox, I´ve created an combobox with to items A and B in excel. Later I
need to reach the the choosen value. So how to i get the value that is
displayed in the combobox. Im using value now. But this gives me the offset
value doesnt change when I change comboitem.

Here is my code:

Sub testCombo()
Dim oWs As Worksheet
Dim oOLE As OLEObject
Dim combo As ComboBox
Set oWs = ActiveSheet
Dim cell As Range

'To set with a cell
With Range("F8")
Set oOLE =
ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Add(ClassType:="Forms.combo box.1", _
Left:=.Left, Top:=.Top, Width:=.Width,
Height:=.Height)
.ShrinkToFit = False
.MergeCells = False
.WrapText = True

Set combo = oOLE.Object
combo.Font.Size = 8
combo.ForeColor = RGB(255, 255, 255)
combo.AddItem ("A")
combo.ForeColor = RGB(0, 0, 255)
combo.AddItem ("B")
combo.ListIndex = 0
combo.Placement = xlMoveAndSize
combo.PrintObject = True

End With

Set cell = Cells(13, 5)
MsgBox combo.Value

Can somebody plz help me, thx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You code worked fine for me. It displayed A in the msgbox.

Later I changed the value manually and then ran:

Sub showbox()
MsgBox ActiveSheet.OLEObjects(1).Object.Value
End Sub

and it returned the correct value.

Tom Ogilvy

"Amoni" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Amoni,

What do you mean that you are getting the offset, do you mean you get its
index not the A or B? Msgbox .Value is giving A in your code as would be
expected.

--

HTH

RP

"Amoni" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you trying to get the selected value to show in the cell (13,5)? You
have done nothing to link the combobox to a cell; you would need to add that
and by using a forms combobox you would need to programatically add the code.
It would be easier to use the Excel Dropdown; oWs.Dropdowns.Add.
--
- K Dales

"Amoni" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It didn´t work for me. So do u mean that after running my code that creates a
combobox with two alternative A and B. You can change form A to B and reach
the current Value in the combobox using:

Sub showbox()
MsgBox ActiveSheet.OLEObjects(1).Object.Value
End Sub

and it will return B?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

With offset I meant the first item added to the combobox and that i A. But I
want to when changing manually in excel from A to B, my msgBox to display B
and not still A. Do u understand my problem?

//Amoni
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi !
Yes Im trying to get the selected value to display in cell(13,5) just to
notify if the action is correct.
Didnt understand what u meant with "to add that
and by using a forms combobox you would need to programatically add the code.
"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If B is selected and your combobox is the first in the OleObjects
collection. My suggestion is illustrative. I have no idea how you have
your sheet set up, but the suggestion could be altered to specifically
address your problem.

Tom Ogilvy

"Amoni" wrote in message
It didn´t work for me. So do u mean that after running my code that

creates a
combobox with two alternative A and B. You can change form A to B and

reach
the current Value in the combobox using:

Sub showbox()
MsgBox ActiveSheet.OLEObjects(1).Object.Value
End Sub

and it will return B?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It would have been easier to set up as the built-in Excel .Dropdown object -
the code would have been easier, in my opinion. But what you need to do with
your combo is to set the LinkedCell property to be the address of the cell
you want.

put this line in the code where you are setting the combo's properties:
combo.LinkedCell = Cells(13, 5).Address
Then I think it will behave the way you want.
--
- K Dales

"Amoni" wrote:

Hi !
Yes Im trying to get the selected value to display in cell(13,5) just to
notify if the action is correct.
Didnt understand what u meant with "to add that
and by using a forms combobox you would need to programatically add the code.
"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, and I still don't see the problem. If you add this to the combo click
event

MsgBox Comobox1.Value

You get either A or B when you select from it.

--

HTH

RP

"Amoni" wrote in message
With offset I meant the first item added to the combobox and that i A. But

want to when changing manually in excel from A to B, my msgBox to display

and not still A. Do u understand my problem?

//Amoni

fill combobox depending on selection from another combobox Adam Francis Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 July 24th 08 07:39 PM
How Do I Load A ComboBox RowSource From The Results Of Another ComboBox Minitman[_4_] Excel Programming 3 October 26th 04 07:58 PM
Populating combobox from another combobox David Goodall Excel Programming 1 September 12th 04 03:42 PM
Combobox rua17 Excel Programming 3 July 29th 04 09:55 PM
ComboBox Avner Mediouni Excel Programming 1 September 4th 03 03:18 PM