Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combobox Value

Amoni,

What do you mean that you are getting the offset, do you mean you get its
index not the A or B? Msgbox .Value is giving A in your code as would be
expected.

--

HTH

RP

"Amoni" wrote in message
Hi!!

I´m having trouble with subtract the value of the current item in my
combobox, I´ve created an combobox with to items A and B in excel. Later I
need to reach the the choosen value. So how to i get the value that is
displayed in the combobox. Im using value now. But this gives me the

offset
value doesnt change when I change comboitem.

Here is my code:

Sub testCombo()
Dim oWs As Worksheet
Dim oOLE As OLEObject
Dim combo As ComboBox
Set oWs = ActiveSheet
Dim cell As Range

'To set with a cell
With Range("F8")
Set oOLE =
ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Add(ClassType:="Forms.combo box.1", _
Left:=.Left, Top:=.Top, Width:=.Width,
Height:=.Height)
.ShrinkToFit = False
.MergeCells = False