Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Regional options support question

Hi,

I know that within Microsoft there are many different teams working on
the vast number of Microsoft products. Because of this there are many
inconsistencies that occur between Microsoft products. I have posted a
few questions below about Regional Options inconsistencies. It would
be great if someone could provide some insight/answers to these
questions or perhaps refer me to a blog, website, news group, or
Microsoft team member for info!

How do different Microsoft teams determine how much Regional Options
compliancy they will provide? Is there an International team that
governs all Microsoft products and monitors there I18N support?

It appears that Excel 2003, for the currency format, only supports the
Decimal places Regional Option, why? How did that team create the
Symbol list? Why is the Negative numbers list only a third of the
Regional Options list?

In the future do you think the Regional Options support will become
more consistent?

How should a non-Microsoft company determine the level of Regional
Options support in there application?

Thanks