Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Menu Options question

With an addin's menu, can I easily show the user which options
will run on the activesheet/book as opposed to those which let
the user choose an unopened book?

At the moment I use a description with the menu item, but this
seems cumbersome. Is there a neater way, please?

Regards.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Stuart

why don't you just structure your menu ? Have a menu entry for
"Activesheet/book" with a sub menu for the options and a menu entry for
"Unopened Book" with a sub menu for the options for that. And so on. I
recommend you use John Walkenbach's code for building menus ... it is easy
to incorporate and makes building menus and sub menus really simple.

You should find more information if you go to John's web site:
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/

Follow the links to: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip53.htm.

Regards

Trevor

"Stuart" wrote in message
With an addin's menu, can I easily show the user which options
will run on the activesheet/book as opposed to those which let
the user choose an unopened book?

At the moment I use a description with the menu item, but this
seems cumbersome. Is there a neater way, please?

Regards.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'd forgotton about that, having persisted with writing my own menus
(an attempt to understand code writing, a little better).
Now, looking again at JW's routine, I can better appreciate the techniques.

Still getting errors with face_id's assigned to submenu items, though.

Regards and thanks for the help