Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Easy Question

Hey everyone...I'm having a serious brain fart, and can't seem to figur
out how to do this for some reason...I have a form w/ a textbox, an
when someone enters a number (ex. 123) in the textbox, I need it t
search for that number in all of "Info_Sheet!A1:A500" and then put th
text in the following B cell into label1 on the form.

Basically, I'm creating a LookUp form, but I can't figure out what I'
missing...any help is greatly appreciated..

--
dok11
dok112's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1058

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I wiil assume that you're OK with searching the range a1:a500. One the value
is found, say in A120, the value of B120 can be accessed with
Activecell.Offset(0,1)
so to put that into your second textbox use TextBox2.Value =
ActiveCell.Offset(0,1)

"dok112" wrote:

Hey everyone...I'm having a serious brain fart, and can't seem to figure
out how to do this for some reason...I have a form w/ a textbox, and
when someone enters a number (ex. 123) in the textbox, I need it to
search for that number in all of "Info_Sheet!A1:A500" and then put the
text in the following B cell into label1 on the form.

Basically, I'm creating a LookUp form, but I can't figure out what I'm
missing...any help is greatly appreciated...

--
dok112
dok112's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10581
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=388860

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

dok112,

Try using Find
Careful though, your number may not be unique in the specified range (it may
appear more than once.)

You'll have to check that it's the correct cell that's been found.

Henry

"dok112" wrote in
message ...