Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default creating a list box

I realise how stupid this seems, but I cant even find information on how to
create a list box with 8 options in it which when one is selected will only
show the worksheets relevant to that subject. I have eight sets of
worksheets in the same workbook. each set has an overall title and I want to
put that title in the list box. I have looked all over for the means of
actually entering the information into a box but its obviously too simple to
need explaining, except to me! Any one help please?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi SYBS,

See Debra Dalgleish's Dependendent Lists section at:

Also see XlDynamic's Dependent Dropdowns page at:

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Dropdowns.html

---
Regards,
Norman

"SYBS" wrote in message
I realise how stupid this seems, but I cant even find information on how to
create a list box with 8 options in it which when one is selected will
only
show the worksheets relevant to that subject. I have eight sets of
worksheets in the same workbook. each set has an overall title and I want
put that title in the list box. I have looked all over for the means of
actually entering the information into a box but its obviously too simple
need explaining, except to me! Any one help please?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Place the names in a list in a worksheet and give the name a defined name.

If the is a listbox embedded in the worksheet you can enter the range name
into the ListFillRange property. If the listbox is on a userform you can
enter the range name into the RowSource property.

HTH,
Matt

"SYBS" wrote:

I realise how stupid this seems, but I cant even find information on how to
create a list box with 8 options in it which when one is selected will only
show the worksheets relevant to that subject. I have eight sets of
worksheets in the same workbook. each set has an overall title and I want to
put that title in the list box. I have looked all over for the means of
actually entering the information into a box but its obviously too simple to
need explaining, except to me! Any one help please?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

In a seperate sheet create a list of your worksheet names and give the list
a defined name.

You can then type this range name into the ListFillRange property
(worksheet control) or RowSource property (userform control).

HTH,
Matt

"SYBS" wrote:

I realise how stupid this seems, but I cant even find information on how to
create a list box with 8 options in it which when one is selected will only
show the worksheets relevant to that subject. I have eight sets of
worksheets in the same workbook. each set has an overall title and I want to
put that title in the list box. I have looked all over for the means of
actually entering the information into a box but its obviously too simple to
need explaining, except to me! Any one help please?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Matt, I have a similar problem and I would like to use the approach you are
suggesting.

I want a drop down on my form to list each sheet name.

Is it possible to add to this and to have another drop down underneath that
which would take the sheet name selected and use values in a dynamic range
on the sheet name selected as entries to the second drop down

So if the sheet name selected is sheet1 and all my sheets have a dynamic
range in row 1 columns B:? (? being the range covered dynamically)

The dynamic range would have to applicable to each sheet found in the first
drop down list not a named dynamic range.

Thanks

Rob