Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Making a list box of checkboxes

I want to create a listbox of choices. When the user clicks on checkboxes
corresponding to a choice I will use those choices for further processing.
This is what I have so far; how do I display the requisite checkboxes for the
choices?

Sub load_names()
Dim emp_range As Range
Worksheets(1).Activate
Set emp_range = ActiveSheet.Range("b2", Range("b2").End(xlDown))
ind = 1
For Each c In emp_range
UserForm1.ListBox1.AddItem c.Value
ind = ind + 1
Next c
UserForm1.Show
End Sub

thanks,
David
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
moi moi is offline

In the properties windos, set the ListStyle to fmListStyleOption and set
MultiSelect to fmMultiSelectMulti.

"David Gerstman" schreef in bericht
I want to create a listbox of choices. When the user clicks on checkboxes
corresponding to a choice I will use those choices for further processing.
This is what I have so far; how do I display the requisite checkboxes for
the
choices?

Sub load_names()
Dim emp_range As Range
Worksheets(1).Activate
Set emp_range = ActiveSheet.Range("b2", Range("b2").End(xlDown))
ind = 1
For Each c In emp_range
UserForm1.ListBox1.AddItem c.Value
ind = ind + 1
Next c
UserForm1.Show
End Sub

thanks,
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I created a small userform with a listbox and 2 buttons on it.

This is the code I had behind the form:

Option Explicit
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Unload Me
End Sub
Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()

Dim iCtr As Long

With Me.ListBox1
For iCtr = 0 To .ListCount - 1
If .Selected(iCtr) Then
'do what you want
MsgBox .List(iCtr)
End If
Next iCtr
End With

'unload me 'get out?

End Sub
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()

Dim Emp_Range As Range
Dim myCell As Range

With Worksheets(1)
Set Emp_Range = .Range("b2", .Range("b2").End(xlDown))
End With

For Each myCell In Emp_Range
Me.ListBox1.AddItem myCell.Value
Next myCell

With Me.ListBox1
.ListStyle = fmListStyleOption
.MultiSelect = fmMultiSelectMulti
End With
End Sub

The .liststyle of fmliststyleoption gives a nice checkbox. The .multiselect
allows more than one selection.

--

Dave Peterson