Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
instructorjml

Default Making checkboxes mutually exclusive

I have a workbook that has multiple sheets and is using checkboxes that are
checked for a list of questions that have YES, NO, and N/A as possible
Since only one response can be correct, it is possible to make sure that only
one answer can be given for each question? Is there anything that can be done
with an IF statement to make this work?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pauwl

Hi,

looks to me like you want to use an Option Buttion (previously called Radio
buttons - if , like me you're the age that you can remember what real
push-buttons looked like on a car-radio).

Add the Option Buttons from the toolbox, and make sure that 'GroupName'
property is set correctly identifying the various groups of buttons you want.

regards,

PauwlL

"instructorjml" wrote:

I have a workbook that has multiple sheets and is using checkboxes that are
checked for a list of questions that have YES, NO, and N/A as possible
Since only one response can be correct, it is possible to make sure that only
one answer can be given for each question? Is there anything that can be done
with an IF statement to make this work?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's Contextures website:

http://www.contextures.com/xlform01.html

That link showcases Dave Peterson's code that builds the form automatically
for you.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"instructorjml" wrote:

I have a workbook that has multiple sheets and is using checkboxes that are
checked for a list of questions that have YES, NO, and N/A as possible
Since only one response can be correct, it is possible to make sure that only
one answer can be given for each question? Is there anything that can be done
with an IF statement to make this work?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
instructorjml

I think you are correct that Option Buttons would be the answer. I also need
to tally those responses; can I assign a value to the cell that can be added
or can the button automatically equal 1 if selected and 0 if not selected?
Also, it seems to me that the forms toolbar is the one to use for this--am I
correct?