Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JW_4222

Default Checkboxes vs. Option Buttons

I was attempting to use checkboxes to format different selections in my
worksheet, select one then the other option is deselected, etc. I was not
able to find a way to do that using checkboxes, so, I searched here and found
the Option button.. option. The issue I have with Option buttons is, that
when you create multiple options in different locations the on/off option
affects all option buttons in the worksheet. i.e. selection category 1,
option a , b. selection category 2 option a , b. When you select option 1a
the other three option buttons are blanked. How can I separate the fields
into individual entities. Using Checkboxes (preferred), or option buttons.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

If right click on the option button and select properties, and in the list of
properties locate GroupName. Assign the buttons to specific group names and
when a selection is made only a button belonging to that group is deselected.

--
Kevin Backmann

"JW_4222" wrote:

I was attempting to use checkboxes to format different selections in my
worksheet, select one then the other option is deselected, etc. I was not
able to find a way to do that using checkboxes, so, I searched here and found
the Option button.. option. The issue I have with Option buttons is, that
when you create multiple options in different locations the on/off option
affects all option buttons in the worksheet. i.e. selection category 1,
option a , b. selection category 2 option a , b. When you select option 1a
the other three option buttons are blanked. How can I separate the fields
into individual entities. Using Checkboxes (preferred), or option buttons.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JW_4222

Yes sir, that did it !