Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
David Gerstman David Gerstman is offline

Default Making a list box of checkboxes

Thank you too. That helped a lot too.
David

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I created a small userform with a listbox and 2 buttons on it.

This is the code I had behind the form:

Option Explicit
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Unload Me
End Sub
Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()

Dim iCtr As Long

With Me.ListBox1
For iCtr = 0 To .ListCount - 1
If .Selected(iCtr) Then
'do what you want
MsgBox .List(iCtr)
End If
Next iCtr
End With

'unload me 'get out?

End Sub
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()

Dim Emp_Range As Range
Dim myCell As Range

With Worksheets(1)
Set Emp_Range = .Range("b2", .Range("b2").End(xlDown))
End With

For Each myCell In Emp_Range
Me.ListBox1.AddItem myCell.Value
Next myCell

With Me.ListBox1
.ListStyle = fmListStyleOption
.MultiSelect = fmMultiSelectMulti
End With
End Sub

The .liststyle of fmliststyleoption gives a nice checkbox. The .multiselect
allows more than one selection.

David Gerstman wrote:

I want to create a listbox of choices. When the user clicks on checkboxes
corresponding to a choice I will use those choices for further processing.
This is what I have so far; how do I display the requisite checkboxes for the
choices?

Sub load_names()
Dim emp_range As Range
Worksheets(1).Activate
Set emp_range = ActiveSheet.Range("b2", Range("b2").End(xlDown))
ind = 1
For Each c In emp_range
UserForm1.ListBox1.AddItem c.Value
ind = ind + 1