Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Type mismatch on range name

I've been running the following code in a previous macro, and it ran
fine. the only things I've changed a
1. Changed from specifying the worksheet by name (was "In Care
Records", now have set that to a variable "RecSht" which is declared as
an object.

2. Changed the CopytoRange to specifically name the spreadsheet I want
the filtered data extracted to which is CtyExtr, declared as an object.

3. Changed the filter range from a specifed range on the sheet (i.e.,
"A1:G1000" to a named range "FilterRange". I'm getting a type mismatch
error on the follwing:

RecSht.Range("FilterRange").AdvancedFilter Action:= _
xlFilterCopy, CriteriaRange:=Sheets(RecSht).Range("aa1:aa2"), _
CopyToRange:=CtyExtr.Range("A5"), Unique:=False

Is this enough to figure out the problem? If not, I'll post the entire
code.
Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can't have both

recsht.Range

and
sheets(recsht).Range

it can't be both an object and a string variable. It has to be one or the
other so both references should be the same.

If you get that cleared up, then as long at the name FilterRange exists, it
might work.

Tom Ogilvy

"davegb" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
Since you declare Recsht as an object, you have to use it that way:
..., CriteriaRange:=RecSht.Range("aa1:aa2")

--
guygamer
guygamer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23579

Type Mismatch error & subscript out of range error Jeff Wright[_2_] Excel Programming 3 May 14th 05 07:14 PM
Type mismatch teresa Excel Programming 1 December 14th 04 11:19 PM
Type mismatch in VBA LinEst function if range too large RyanVM[_16_] Excel Programming 4 August 10th 04 02:47 AM
Type Mismatch Rockee052[_60_] Excel Programming 4 March 7th 04 12:12 AM