Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Type Mismatch error & subscript out of range error

Greetings all,

I'm having trouble with the following routine. If I run it as shown below, I
get a runtime error 9, "Subscript out of range." If I change the "dim"
statement to "Dim i(5) as Integer", I get a "type mismatch" error. Can
anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

Jeff

Sub DTRA()
Dim i As Integer

For i = 1 To 5
Workbooks("Test").Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(i, 1) = _
Workbooks("Test").Worksheets("Sheet1").OLEObjects _
("Optionbutton" & i).Object.Value
Next i

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I guess it is the workbook

Sub DTRA()
Dim i As Integer

For i = 1 To 5
Workbooks("Test.xls").Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(i , 1) = _
Workbooks("Test.xls").Worksheets("Sheet1").OLEObje cts _
("Optionbutton" & i).Object.Value
Next i

HTH

RP

"Jeff Wright" wrote in message
Greetings all,

I'm having trouble with the following routine. If I run it as shown below,

get a runtime error 9, "Subscript out of range." If I change the "dim"
statement to "Dim i(5) as Integer", I get a "type mismatch" error. Can
anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

Jeff

Sub DTRA()
Dim i As Integer

For i = 1 To 5
Workbooks("Test").Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(i, 1) = _
Workbooks("Test").Worksheets("Sheet1").OLEObjects _
("Optionbutton" & i).Object.Value
Next i

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hmmm, I wasn't looking for the blatantly obvious. Thanks for your quick
response, Bob. Guess I should have another cup of coffee before proceeding
with further work.

Jeff