Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Type mismatch on range name

You can't have both

recsht.Range

and
sheets(recsht).Range

it can't be both an object and a string variable. It has to be one or the
other so both references should be the same.

If you get that cleared up, then as long at the name FilterRange exists, it
might work.

Tom Ogilvy

"davegb" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've been running the following code in a previous macro, and it ran
fine. the only things I've changed a
1. Changed from specifying the worksheet by name (was "In Care
Records", now have set that to a variable "RecSht" which is declared as
an object.

2. Changed the CopytoRange to specifically name the spreadsheet I want
the filtered data extracted to which is CtyExtr, declared as an object.

3. Changed the filter range from a specifed range on the sheet (i.e.,
"A1:G1000" to a named range "FilterRange". I'm getting a type mismatch
error on the follwing:

RecSht.Range("FilterRange").AdvancedFilter Action:= _
xlFilterCopy, CriteriaRange:=Sheets(RecSht).Range("aa1:aa2"), _
CopyToRange:=CtyExtr.Range("A5"), Unique:=False

Is this enough to figure out the problem? If not, I'll post the entire
code.
Thanks for the help.