Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
davegb davegb is offline

Default Type mismatch on range name

I've been running the following code in a previous macro, and it ran
fine. the only things I've changed a
1. Changed from specifying the worksheet by name (was "In Care
Records", now have set that to a variable "RecSht" which is declared as
an object.

2. Changed the CopytoRange to specifically name the spreadsheet I want
the filtered data extracted to which is CtyExtr, declared as an object.

3. Changed the filter range from a specifed range on the sheet (i.e.,
"A1:G1000" to a named range "FilterRange". I'm getting a type mismatch
error on the follwing:

RecSht.Range("FilterRange").AdvancedFilter Action:= _
xlFilterCopy, CriteriaRange:=Sheets(RecSht).Range("aa1:aa2"), _
CopyToRange:=CtyExtr.Range("A5"), Unique:=False

Is this enough to figure out the problem? If not, I'll post the entire
code.
Thanks for the help.