Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Checkbox to hide/unhide named range

I have a chart embedded on a sheet and have named ranges that are plotted on
the chart. I would like for the user to be able to use a UserForm to select
the data series on the chart. I recorded this macro to try and learn the
code necessary. I have assigned it to a checkbox control, but don't know
how to hide or unhide the data when the box is checked/unchecked. Below is
the code. I would like the Row selection based on the "Name" to either be
hidden or visible. I will assign each checkbox to the series of data that
will be include on the chart.

Joel

Sub RemoveEarly()
'
Application.Goto Reference:="TARGETEARLY"
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assuming a checkbox from the control toolbox toolbar:
Perhaps:

Private Sub Checkbox1_Change()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("Targetearly") _
.EntireRow.Hidden = Checkbox1.Value

Tom Ogilvy

"Joel Mills" wrote in message
I have a chart embedded on a sheet and have named ranges that are plotted

on
the chart. I would like for the user to be able to use a UserForm to

select
the data series on the chart. I recorded this macro to try and learn the
code necessary. I have assigned it to a checkbox control, but don't know
how to hide or unhide the data when the box is checked/unchecked. Below

is
the code. I would like the Row selection based on the "Name" to either be
hidden or visible. I will assign each checkbox to the series of data that
will be include on the chart.

Joel

Sub RemoveEarly()
'
Application.Goto Reference:="TARGETEARLY"
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

It's not from the control toolbox toolbar. I have it in the VBA Project
form. I'm not sure which is the best approach. My Program makes heavy use
of forms from the VBA Project. For consistency I'd like to stay with this
approach.

"Joel Mills" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

With a little work I was able to make these changes to make it work. Thanks
againg for your help.

Sub Series()
Worksheets("Curve").Range("Targetearly").EntireRow .Hidden =
ChartSeries.CheckBox1.Value
End Sub