Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default hide / unhide range

Hi ng
Using xl 2003

Attempting to build ordering system so satellite operations can ente
their orders from remote sites.

Commissary will open master to pull in all satellite orders t
determine total need for purchasing, production, distribution.

I have 52 named ranges spanning 3 worksheets
Each range contains 7 days
Protocol: Ordw1, Ordw2, etc...

Working so when opened, all hidden except first 4 columns fo
informational.

User provided form with listbox to choose week to work with
Based on selection appropriate range should be unhidden.

Questions:
I don't see a hide or unhide method for Range. Am I missing something
Is there a better way to accomplish the task?

Is spanning across 3 sheets with diff names the best approach?
I need 365 columns but maybe only 200 rows

Would it be better to drop next set of ranges at row 400

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Goss

Try

Range("a1:e10").EntireColumn.Hidden = True

or

Columns("a:c").Hidden = True

can also use row

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks muddy -

Not an esoteric approach
Does not take advantage of named ranges

Naming protocol:
Ordw(n) where n is value 1 to 52
This value come from list box where user selects from 52 item list
Selection then bound to cell

Great for purposes of coding
Now I write a simple procedure to hide or unhide Ordw(n)
And some procedure performed on the rang