Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default hide/unhide

I have this table with a persons name and information on every row o
the table. After the last person on the list, i have hidden the nex
200 rows. the problem is I want to use a form to add info to the table
is there someway i can unhide the row the form puts the info on?

Thanx!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can do this without programming, if the table has an AutoFilter
applied, and you use the built-in Data Form to add new records

To apply an AutoFilter, select a cell in the table, and choose
DataFilterAutoFilter.

To add a new record, select a cell in the table, and choose DataForm.
Click the New button, and enter the information

After you've entered the records, click the dropdown arrow in one of the
column headings, and choose (All)

heartbreakkid < wrote:
I have this table with a persons name and information on every row of
the table. After the last person on the list, i have hidden the next

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The thing is I have a vlookup formula in the third column using the th
name of the person..... is there someway i can put the formula so whe
i enter the data, the formula is entered in the 3rd column

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Did you try using DataForm? With it, formulas will be entered
automatically.

heartbreakkid < wrote:
The thing is I have a vlookup formula in the third column using the the
name of the person..... is there someway i can put the formula so when
i enter the data, the formula is entered in the 3rd column?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

yeah... its telling me u cant enter formulas in the for

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you have the table already set up, with the VLOOKUP formula in the
third column, the Data Form will automatically enter the formula in the
next row.

For example, with a table:

Name Sales CommissionRate Commission
Pete 5000 =VLOOKUP(A2,RateTable,2,0) =B2*C2

Select a cell in the table, and choose DataForm
There will be boxes to enter the Name and Sales, but CommissionRate and
Commission won't have boxes.

When you enter the data, then close the form, the formulas will appear
in row 3.

heartbreakkid < wrote:
yeah... its telling me u cant enter formulas in the form

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanx a alot..... it works fine i really appreciate i