Jock W

Default Hide/unhide

Using an 'If' function, is it possible to hide a row when criteria aren't met?
--
Jock Waddington
Norman Jones

Hi Jock,

It would be necessary to use VBA.

If this is acceptable, post back with details of the range and the hide
condition.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Jock W" wrote in message
Using an 'If' function, is it possible to hide a row when criteria aren't
met?
--
Jock Waddington

Jock W

Norman,
Here's an example of what I'd like to happen. If it's going to be hugely
complex, then I can live without it!

If (A15="xxxx",hide the next 4 rows,don't hide the next 4 rows)

thanks,
--
Jock Waddington

"Jock W" wrote in message
Using an 'If' function, is it possible to hide a row when criteria aren't
met?
--
Jock Waddington

Norman Jones

Hi Jock,

'======================
Dim rng As Range
Const TestString As String = "xxxx" '<<===== CHANGE

Set rng = Range("A15")

If Not Intersect(rng, Target) Is Nothing Then
Rows("16:20").Hidden = StrComp(rng.Value, TestString, _
vbTextCompare) = 0

'<<======================

(1) Copy the above code
(2) Right-click the worksheet tab
(3) Paste the copied code
(4) Alt-F11 to return to Excel

All done!

Now try entering: xxxx or XXXX in A15. This should hide rows, 16-20.
Deleting, or changing A15 should restore rows 16:20 to view.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Jock W" wrote in message
Using an 'If' function, is it possible to hide a row when criteria
aren't
met?
--
Jock Waddington