Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default compare sheets for added or deleted rows

Hi all,
Thanx Tom Ogilvy for your help regarding sheet comparison function. But
my prob still remains. I want to highlight the added and deleted rows
in the sheet2 and my function should not compare the added rows in
sheet2 with sheet1 and similarily deleted rows should be marked as
deleted and comparison should happen only on the correspponding rows
from sheet1 and 2.
At the moment my function works well until there is no addition or
deletion but as soon as a row is added or deleted, the comparison is
not correct bcos its based on cell comparison.
So can anyone tell me an algorithm or logic for doing this. I know that
diff utility in UNIX does exactly this i.e. it reports the
added/deleted lines but I am not sure about the logic/algorithm behind
it.
Can someone help me.

TIA
amit