Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how to detect added or deleted rows in compare

Hi all,
thanx to all who replied to my earlier questions specially Tom Ogilvy,
David, keepITcool. now i have a question about a comparison
tool(add-in) that i am developing now for excel sheets. i have 2 large
excel sheets with 100-150 columns and 7-800rows. I have to compare
almost each cell of 1 sheets to each cell almost similar 2nd sheet. my
comparison works fine till i dont add or delete any rows from the 2nd
sheet. so my question is how do i detect the addition/deletion of rows
in sheets. I cant have a flag or something similar in the last column
as an unique ID or something bcos i cant change generation of sheets. i
have seen a version of unix diff command in which this prob of line
addition/deletion is solved but i dont know the logic behind it.
can some one point in the right direction.
TIA
Amit

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

go to Chip Pearson's site, to the downloads page

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm

there should be a compare addin built by Myrna Larson and Bill Manville.
Perhaps it will suite your needs or you can look at the code and see how
they handled this situation (I haven't used it, so I can't say it does
handle this, but I would expect it would).

Tom Ogilvy

oups.com...