Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Download files without alerts by Excel VBA

Hi,
I have to download around 130 files from our intranet every week.
I have written code for the same. But there is a small issue.
When each file is downloaded, a alert saying file download, open,save
is displayed. I have to click save. Then it asks the directory and save
as, again I have to click save. It means for each file I have to click
twice.
Can I avoid it? May be I can predefined the directory in vba so that
all the files are downloaded one by one to that dir without need to
click on alerts. But how to inform this dir to vba and how to ask vba
to straight away download the file without asking me?

Hoping for some solution....

Regards,
Shetty.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you can't use the copy command?

if not, then how about ftp?

Tom Ogilvy

"Shetty" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I have to download around 130 files from our intranet every week.
I have written code for the same. But there is a small issue.
When each file is downloaded, a alert saying file download, open,save
is displayed. I have to click save. Then it asks the directory and save
as, again I have to click save. It means for each file I have to click
twice.
Can I avoid it? May be I can predefined the directory in vba so that
all the files are downloaded one by one to that dir without need to
click on alerts. But how to inform this dir to vba and how to ask vba
to straight away download the file without asking me?

Hoping for some solution....

Regards,
Shetty.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey Tom,
I know you will come to my rescue. You also helped me earlir.

NO. Copy or ftp is not available.
In fact there is no ditect link to download the file. The link consist
of a java script having dolaunch command. The software they are using
is Lotus Domino docs. I put displayalerts=false in my code but it seems
that it is limited to only excel or office applications. Is it possible
to get rid of these dialog boxes?

Thanks for reply.
Regards,
Shetty.

"Shetty" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry to disappoint, but web programming isn't something I do. It sounds
like you need automate the manual interaction with the web page of figure
out a way to programmatically interact with the web page. I think you best
bet is to contact the providers of the web page or whatever and see what
they recommend.

Tom Ogilvy

oups.com...