Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can Excel download files?

I have a client who is having their customer's emails sent to a dat
file residing on his server. Is there a way to make Excel download thi
file at intervals from the server? Is there a helper utility out ther
that does this

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It can be done. I don't think that there is a canned utility to do i
for you.

I would start by recording a macro to open one file, then I'
"variablize" the file name portion. Take a look at the Dir() functio
to find files in the directory to pass to your variable. You could the
move the imported file to a "complete" directory to keep from importin
it more than once. The hard part is probably getting excel to forma
your data correctly... it really depends on the data layout, file type
etc.

Good Luck

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is it a mapped drive/shared directory or does it require FTP.

Tom Ogilvy

"elbalazo " wrote in message
I have a client who is having their customer's emails sent to a data
file residing on his server. Is there a way to make Excel download this
file at intervals from the server? Is there a helper utility out there
that does this?

---