Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to get a SUBTOTAL field from PivotTable?

Hi, I´ve spent hours to find out how to retrieve a subtotal field from a
pivot table in MS Excel.

Say, I have a pivot table like this:

FYS FOM 3
IF 3231
Sum FYS 3234
PSY BMW 1147
CONS 12
KPZ 933
KPZ V 17
MED 29
MEDEX 1
POM 243
Sum PSY 2382
THUIS HON 202
Sum THUIS 202
ZORGS ZBM 338
ZEX 14
Sum ZORGS 352

Is there a quick way to retrieve ONLY the subtotals from the pivot table,
in this case 3234,2383,202,352? Right now the only way I can do, is loop
through all the cells and look for a description that contains ´Sum´, which
is of course very fuzzy..

thx alot for feedback

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Maybe I don't understand the question but the easiest way
to get subtotals is to display only the level for which
you want the total. Leave the detail lines out of the
pivot table and you will automatically have your subtotals.

In your case leave FOM off the table and you will have a
table summing FYS.

Mike

.