Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using a field name in an IF function for a calculated field in a PivotTable

Hello,

I am beating my head against the wall. I am attempting to create a
calculated field in a PivotTable with a formula like so:

=IF(myDate 0, 1, 2)

myDate being a field name from the field name list for the Pivot
Table. It is available from the field list in the Insert Calculated
Field dialog box. When I select it, it is added to the formula with
single quotes. I have followed the syntax I have found on the web as
well as in the QUE book "Using Microsoft off Excel 2007". Nothing
seems to work. It seems so simple.

Ultimately I need a formula that looks for blank fields and with a
little logic, determine a step in a process and the number of days
stuck at the process. The data is coming from a SharePoint list.

Please let me know if I am going about this the wrong way. I have been
at it for three days and all over the web trying to figure it out.

The bottom line is that I want to say:

If this field value is blank, then give me the number of days between
datefield1 and datefield2.

Please assist. Any and all help is so appreciated!

Using Excel 2007 RTM on Vista RTM

Thanks,
Joel