Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default PivotTable Field Name

I have a spreadsheet with a pivottable in it with data from a different sheet
inside the same spreadsheet. For some reason, it is combining/separating
data in a strange fashion and I can't seem to be able to figure out what it
is doing.

One of the fields is called "Product Group" of which the data has options as
follows:

Aftermarket
Climate
Interior
Lighting
Other

The strange thing is that inside the pivot table, there is something called
Lighting2 in addition to Lighting. Also, it seems to be putting all of the
data in that cagetory but that is not a category option where the data is
actually located. Anybody have any ideas on why this second Lighting is
being created by the pivot table? I've tried refreshing the data and
verifying that there wasn't at least one data point that said Lighting2 and
there is not.

Any ideas would be very helpful.

Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jeff

Try dragging Product Group out of the PT, then do a PT Refresh, then add the
field back to the PT again.

If that doesn't work, take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site
Regards
Roger Govier