Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default % of Subtotal in PivotTable

Hi All -

I have an ongoing question that I have been unable to find an answer to for
several months now and am looking here as a last resort.

Is there a way to create a data column in a pivottable that would match the
description of a % of column subtotal?

Say I have a pivot table that looks like:
---------------
Field 1 Field x 1
Field y 2
Field z 3
Field 2 Field x 4
Field y 5
Field z 6

And I would like to create a second data column that would calculate the
percent of column for each of Field 1 and Field 2

---------------
Field 1 Field x 1 .167
Field y 2 .333
Field z 3 .500
Field 2 Field x 4 .267
Field y 5 .333
Field z 6 .400

Is this possible? Thanks everyone!

--
cmungs
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Doable with a helper column
and a calculated field.
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3b71e
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not sure what you are linking to here. Is this something I need to
download and install into Excel?

I'm on a company machine, so i'm not able to use unauthorized software. Is
this possible within the existing program without 3rd party installations?
--
cmungs