Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Microsoft Excel 2003: Clicking on a LINK that takes you to a different cell in the Workbook

Is there a simple way to code a link on an Excel workbook so that when
you click on it, it takes you to a specific cell in the workbook?

For example. At the top of the spreadsheet you have a number of parts:

Part #1
Part #2
Part #3

I can easily make them links -- but what is the code that I need so
when I click on Part #2 it takes be to a cell on the workbook (e.g.,
Cell A1827) where the user finds related information about it?

Thanks for any assistance with this!

RBollinger

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Microsoft Excel 2003: Clicking on a LINK that takes you to a diffe

Forgive me but I took the liberty of modifying your request just a tad.
Insead of on selecting a cell, the user needs to double click the cell. From
experience I know that users find the on select to be frustrating. Here is
the code for the double click.

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
Cancel = True
Select Case Target.Address
Case "$B$1"
With Sheets("Sheet2")
.Select
.Range("A50").Select
End With
Case "$B$2"
With Sheets("Sheet3")
.Select
.Range("A20").Select
End With
End Select
End Sub

Right click on the tab of the sheet that you want to react to the
doubleclick. Select View Code and paste the above into the code window...

HTH

"robboll" wrote:

Is there a simple way to code a link on an Excel workbook so that when
you click on it, it takes you to a specific cell in the workbook?

For example. At the top of the spreadsheet you have a number of parts:

Part #1
Part #2
Part #3

I can easily make them links -- but what is the code that I need so
when I click on Part #2 it takes be to a cell on the workbook (e.g.,
Cell A1827) where the user finds related information about it?

Thanks for any assistance with this!

RBollinger

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If their value is produced by a linking formula linked to the source data,
you can go into tools=options, edit mode and unselect Edit directly in a
cell. Then if you double click on the cell, you will be taken to the cell
it is linked to. No coding required. Editing is then done in the formula
bar.

Tom Ogilvy

ups.com...