Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default hyperlink - clicking on hyper link to select cell in another sheet

Good morning,

Could someone please help with the below problem.

I am new to this function in excel and after searching the community cannot
find the answer to my question.

I have a workbook with 6 sheets and have been assigned the task of creating
links within some sheets that will take the user to a certain section of
another worksheet.

I gather that hyperlink is somehow my answer.

My first link is in worksheet "Front Sheet" and named "Click here for
Material Damage Section" in cell D19. By clicking on this the user should
be taken to worksheet "Quote Sheet" cell A1.

My second link is in worksheet "Front Sheet" and named "Click here for Road
Risks Section" in cell D21. By clicking on this the user should be taken to
worksheet "Quote Sheet" cell A56.

As I understand, should I be using the hyperlink functions and have done
this, however, I require the target cell to be in the top left corner of the
worksheet. At present the link only places the target cell at the bottom
of the worksheet when the user is taken there.

Please help,

Thanks

Aaron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Aaron

When you move with a hyperlink, the target cell will always be somewhere on
the screen, but not necessarily at the top left as you have discovered.

One way to get round this is to use named ranges. If you create a named
range on your quote sheet, then use this as the target for the hyperlink,
the top left cell of this range will be the active cell. If the range is
larger than the area displayed on the screen, the top left cell of the range
will be at the top left of the screen, which I understand is what you need.

The possible downside of this method is that the entire range is selected.
This may be an issue depending on how you use the workbook.

Ian

"Aaron Hodson (Coversure)" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Ian,

Much appreciated, although the entire named section is highlighted, this
doesn't effect the way in which the user will utilise the sheet.

Thanks Again for your prompt response,

Kind Regards

Aaron