Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Do not display information in cells

I have a macro where I capture a code and vendor name. I
can change the font to "white", so the user can't see it
displayed in the cell but you can still see what is typed
in the formula bar.

Is there a way to hide what is displayed in the formula
bar without removing the formula?

Thanks for the help......
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can go to ToolsOptions then under the View tab, uncheck the Formula bar
checkbox.

Programmatically, you can hide the formula bar as follows:

Application.DisplayFormulaBar = False

and restore it by making the above statement True.

"JT" wrote in message
I have a macro where I capture a code and vendor name. I
can change the font to "white", so the user can't see it
displayed in the cell but you can still see what is typed
in the formula bar.

Is there a way to hide what is displayed in the formula
bar without removing the formula?

Thanks for the help......

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

changed the hidden property to true in the Format=Cells=Protection tab and
Protect the worksheet.

or

Put the data in a hidden sheet, protect the workbook structure with a
password (unfortunately easily broken, but no less secure than the above),
and refer to it with your formula.

Tom Ogilvy

"JT" wrote in message
I have a macro where I capture a code and vendor name. I
can change the font to "white", so the user can't see it
displayed in the cell but you can still see what is typed
in the formula bar.

Is there a way to hide what is displayed in the formula
bar without removing the formula?

Thanks for the help......

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

to keep the cell itself from displaying you can use the
following as a custom cell format ;;;

You would still need the white background to prevent
viewing in formula view. But it will prevent printing normal
view with B&W setting and from displaying the formula on
the formula bar, you would still need the other things mentioned
by Tom. Nothing if foolproof but it might slow you down the
next time you do maintenance.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote...