Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default PointsToScreenPixels for Excel97

Since Excel97 does not support the .PointsToScreenPixelsY and
..PointsToScreenPixelsX method of a Window object, how does one emulate this
functionality in 97?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have a hard time figuring out what that functionality is. If I run this
code from the example:

Sub BB()
With ActiveWindow
lWinWidth = _
.PointsToScreenPixelsX(.Selection.Width)
lWinHeight = _
.PointsToScreenPixelsY(.Selection.Height)
End With
Cells(1, 1).Value = lWinWidth
Cells(2, 1).Value = lWinHeight
End Sub

the help claims it give the height and width in pixels, but I get different
numbers if I move the window around the screen without changing either the
selection or the zoom.

Tom Ogilvy

"MRay" wrote in message
Since Excel97 does not support the .PointsToScreenPixelsY and
.PointsToScreenPixelsX method of a Window object, how does one emulate

this
functionality in 97?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The reason I ask this question is I need to position a UserForm next to a
specific cell within a worksheet. A post from another user had used these
methods (PointsToScreenPixelsX and PointsToScreenPixelsY) in a solution for
Excel2000. Solution worked on my personal copy of Excel2003 but does not on
Excel97 at work. And, obtaining a later version of Excel at work is out of
question. Perhaps I need to employ APIs to achieve this functionality. Any
suggestions as to which APIs I could use? Thanks.

"MRay" wrote in message
Since Excel97 does not support the .PointsToScreenPixelsY and
.PointsToScreenPixelsX method of a Window object, how does one emulate

this
functionality in 97?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I havn't personally checked it out but it looks like Chip Pearson has
something available:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/FormPosition.htm

Regards,
Greg