Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Changing Cells

I am setting up a restaurant management inventory system, What I am having
trouble with is getting a set cell say A1 to take what I input into H1, the
trick is i order 4 times a month so I have it set up H1=week1, I1=week2 and
so on. What I want this to do is if I type in the price of 1dzn eggs in week
1 then it should show in A1, but the next week if I type 1 dzn eggs in week 2
then it should change A1 to reflect that price without me having to cut and
paste, also I want week 1 thru 4 to add or minus due to price increases and
then show me in a seperate cell what the difference has been all month. If
anyone can share some light on how I should do this I would be greatly
appreciative.
Thanks
Frank R
Morrison GM Lone Star Steakhouse PLease email your response to

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The first part of your question:
Enter the following formula in A1
=If(K1<"",K1,If(J1<"",J1,If(I1<"",I1,If(H1<"", H1,""))))

For the 2nd part, it is a bit vague but you might want to have a cell
somewhere on your sheet with the Starting price of an item (perhaps last
month's week4 price) let's say B1. Then in C1 compare this with A1 (the
current price) as above. In C1 enter =B1-A1

"LS Steakhouse" wrote:

I am setting up a restaurant management inventory system, What I am having
trouble with is getting a set cell say A1 to take what I input into H1, the
trick is i order 4 times a month so I have it set up H1=week1, I1=week2 and
so on. What I want this to do is if I type in the price of 1dzn eggs in week
1 then it should show in A1, but the next week if I type 1 dzn eggs in week 2
then it should change A1 to reflect that price without me having to cut and
paste, also I want week 1 thru 4 to add or minus due to price increases and
then show me in a seperate cell what the difference has been all month. If
anyone can share some light on how I should do this I would be greatly
appreciative.
Thanks
Frank R
Morrison GM Lone Star Steakhouse PLease email your response to

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can you be a bit specific with your question please?

What ever you are saying, i did it, but what do you want to do now??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Okay Here is how I have the sheet set up thus far
item start count end count shrinkage week1 week2 week3 week4
In the shrinkage area I would like it to change when I type into week1, or
week2, or week3 etc. The shrinkage cell would have to wipe itself clean to
take the new figure. At the end of the shrinkage row I have a total of the
sum which transfers over to another page I call operating costs, which shows
me arious information including my food costs etc. That I have working okay.
Also note i want week1, week2, week3, week4 to all add together plus or
minus that way every month I can see where a vendor has changed their prices
on me.
Does that help?
Thankyou
Frank