Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default changing cells

Hi,
Can I change all A1 cells of all xls-files in the same folder into the same
fond or the same colour without having to open them all individually?
Thanks
JP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No you have to open them

Example to make A1 in the first sheet of every file in C:\Data bold

Sub Test()
Dim mybook As Workbook
Dim FNames As String
Dim MyPath As String
Dim SaveDriveDir As String

SaveDriveDir = CurDir
MyPath = "C:\Data"
ChDrive MyPath
ChDir MyPath
FNames = Dir("*.xls")
If Len(FNames) = 0 Then
MsgBox "No files in the Directory"
ChDrive SaveDriveDir
ChDir SaveDriveDir
Exit Sub
End If

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Do While FNames < ""
Set mybook = Workbooks.Open(FNames)
mybook.Worksheets(1).Range("A1").Font.Bold = True
mybook.Close True
FNames = Dir()
Loop
ChDrive SaveDriveDir
ChDir SaveDriveDir
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Jean-Paul De WInter" wrote in message ...
Hi,
Can I change all A1 cells of all xls-files in the same folder into the same
fond or the same colour without having to open them all individually?
Thanks
JP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

where to put this code???
how to run it??
What with files in the c:\data subfolders
What if I want to change all pages in one worksheet
What if I want to replace a text with a new one
Thanks
JP

"Ron de Bruin" schreef in bericht
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jean-Paul

where to put this code???
how to run it??

Open a new workbook
Alt-F11
InsertModule from the menubar
paste the sub in there
Alt-Q to go back to Excel

If you do Alt-F8 you get a list of your macro's
Select "Test" and press Run

What with files in the c:\data subfolders

Maybe it is easier to use Application.FileSearch with
.SearchSubFolders = True

You can see on this page how to use it
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy33.htm

What if I want to change all pages in one worksheet

If you mean worksheets then you need to loop through all sheets
First get the macro to run with one sheet and i will help you with the next step.

What if I want to replace a text with a new one

mybook.Worksheets(1).Range("A1").Value = "Ron"

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

pfff. ingewikkeld <BG
complicated

I have about 30 files in different folders and subfolders each with about 5
pages....
It would be great to have them all changed with on push on a button.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this

pfff. ingewikkeld <BG

Valt wel mee <g Probeer deze

Sub TestFile1()
Dim mybook As Workbook
Dim sh As Worksheet
Dim i As Long
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
With Application.FileSearch
.NewSearch
.LookIn = "C:\Data"
.SearchSubFolders = True
.FileType = msoFileTypeExcelWorkbooks
If .Execute() 0 Then
For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count
Set mybook = Workbooks.Open(.FoundFiles(i))
For Each sh In mybook.Worksheets
sh.Range("A1").Value = "ron"
Next
mybook.Close True