jeremy via OfficeKB.com

Default changing all cells

I have a bunch of spread sheet with project numbers. On some of the
spreadsheets, the project number was written with a ' in front. How can I
change a whole column of numbers with an apostrophy (sp?) in front to just
the number without having to delete the apostophy in ever cell?

jeremy

JE McGimpsey

One way:

Copy an empty cell. Select your project numbers. Choose Edit/Paste
Special, selecting the Add and Values radio buttons.

Note that if your project numbers have leading zeros, this will
eliminate them unless the number format includes them.

In article ,
"jeremy via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

I have a bunch of spread sheet with project numbers. On some of the
spreadsheets, the project number was written with a ' in front. How can I
change a whole column of numbers with an apostrophy (sp?) in front to just
the number without having to delete the apostophy in ever cell?

jeremy

jeremy via OfficeKB.com

JE

Thanks!

What about the opposite? (Column of numbers, add apostrophy in front of
every number.)

Jeremy

gls858

jeremy via OfficeKB.com wrote:
JE

Thanks!

What about the opposite? (Column of numbers, add apostrophy in front of
every number.)

Jeremy

this handy little freebie has many functions like this built in so all
you need to do is select then from a menu. I've been using it for some
time without any problems. Standard disclaimer. I'm not affiliated with the
company in any way or do I profit from it's use.

http://www.asap-utilities.com/