Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Paste range from Clipboard to Excel

Ok, thank you for the suggestion.
I know that I can solve the problem with a simple macro that ask the user to
select a range to copy from, and then select a single cell (upleft of the
range) in a new wkbook / wksheet where to put an "exact copy" of the
formulas, but I'd try to add a new "paste special" menu item for "exact
formula copy" that run my macro (to distribute to my collegue as Excel
add-in).
Thanks for the help

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

don't copy.

bk.worksheets(1).Range("A1").Formula = _
bk2.worksheets(3).Range("B9").formula

Tom Ogilvy

"Dariotto" wrote in message
Hi, I'm trying to use Clipboard from VBA in Excel 2000.
I can paste a single cell from the Clipboard using DataObject and related
methods (MSForms 2.0 obj library) but I can't manage a range of cells.
After selecting and copy a range of cells from Excel to the Clipboard,

with
Clipboard Viewer I can see only one text string (from the last cell) and

no
formulas.

Should I try with WinAPI calls??? I searched Internet and I've found a

tool
(API Viewer) to look at the declares statement of a DLL, i.e.:
Declare Function GetClipboardData Lib "user32" (ByVal wFormat As Long) As

Long
but I've never used it before.
I'd like to do a macro that can check if the Clipboard contains a range

from
Excel and then make an "exact copy" of all the range formulas into a new
worksheet / workbook without formula address changes.
Thank you for any suggestion ????