AndyBermuda

Default how do I paste formulas in excel clipboard?

I am trying to paste various formulas in excel clipboard, but what it's
copying to the clipboard is only the content of the cells. How do I get to
paste formulas only?
markline

AndyBermuda Wrote:
I am trying to paste various formulas in excel clipboard, but what it's
copying to the clipboard is only the content of the cells. How do I
get to
paste formulas only?

goto tools, options, click on "formulas"

now you should have no problem

--
markline
markline's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23681

David McRitchie

Hi Andy,
If you mean copy to the clipboard and paste to a cell
you would copy from the formula bar not from the cell

If you want to do the same with a macro:

Chip Pearson has a web page on using the clipboard
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/clipboar.htm

If you want to use the context menu (rightclick menu) to copy then paste
the same formula unchanged to another cell see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/rightclick.htm

---
HTH,

"AndyBermuda" wrote in message ...
I am trying to paste various formulas in excel clipboard, but what it's
copying to the clipboard is only the content of the cells. How do I get to
paste formulas only?

RagDyeR

Select the entire formula in the formula bar.
Right click, and choose "Copy".
Hit <Enter *OR* <Esc

--

HTH,