Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Paste from clipboard to an Excel table

Is it possible to paste from the clipboard object directly into a multi-field
MS Acess table, or alternatively into an array.

The data on the clipboard will be multi column and multi row data. The
tabel will have the same number of columns (fields).

I know there are other ways of performing this task, but this option is the
best for the circumstances.

Thanks

--
CW
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, it does work.

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"ChrisW" wrote:
| Is it possible to paste from the clipboard object directly into a
multi-field
| MS Acess table, or alternatively into an array.
|
| The data on the clipboard will be multi column and multi row data. The
| tabel will have the same number of columns (fields).
|
| I know there are other ways of performing this task, but this option is
the
| best for the circumstances.
|
| Thanks
|
| --
| CW

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

DO you think you could post some sample code as to how to do this?

"ChrisW" wrote:
| Is it possible to paste from the clipboard object directly into a
multi-field
| MS Acess table, or alternatively into an array.
|
| The data on the clipboard will be multi column and multi row data. The
| tabel will have the same number of columns (fields).
|
| I know there are other ways of performing this task, but this option is
the
| best for the circumstances.
|
| Thanks
|
| --
| CW

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry you made no mention of a code. Why not use TransferText from access?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...ansferText.asp

"ChrisW" wrote:
| DO you think you could post some sample code as to how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Should have been TransferSpreadsheet Method
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ansferText.asp

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for you response.

The code is actually running in an Excel spreadsheet and I'm opening another
spreadsheet and wanting to paste the data into an Access table.

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

Should have been TransferSpreadsheet Method
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ansferText.asp

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would still use the TransferSpreadsheet Method.

Some assumptions;
there is an access database named 'test.mdb' located in 'D:\DATA\Access'
there is a workbook named 'SomeWB.xls' located in 'D:\DATA\Excel'
there are some column names in the workbook at A1:A3
there is some data in the workbook at B1:C3

Paste the code below in a new module in 'D:\DATA\Excel\SomeWB.xls' and run
SendData

------------------------------------
Public Sub SendData()
Dim strConPathToDB As String
strConPathToDB = "D:\DATA\Access\test.mdb"
Dim appAccess As Object
Set appAccess = CreateObject _
("Access.Application." & AccessVersion & "")
appAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase strConPathToDB
appAccess.Visible = False
appAccess.DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet _
acImport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, _
"tblNames", "D:\DATA\Excel\SomeWB.xls", _
True, "a1:c3"
appAccess.CloseCurrentDatabase
appAccess.Quit
End Sub
Public Function AccessVersion()
Dim WshShell
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Select Case WshShell.RegRead("HKCR\Access.Application\CurVer\" )
Case "Access.Application.8"
AccessVersion = 8
Case "Access.Application.9"
AccessVersion = 9
Case "Access.Application.10"
AccessVersion = 10
Case "Access.Application.11"
AccessVersion = 11
End Select
End Function

"ChrisW" wrote:
| Thanks for you response.
|
| The code is actually running in an Excel spreadsheet and I'm opening
another
| spreadsheet and wanting to paste the data into an Access table.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Third times the charm;
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...preadsheet.asp