Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating PDF Files from Multiple Worksheets Using VBA

I can't help but notice that there are a number of questions about this topic
but very few answers. What I need to know is this: is it possible to create
a PDF file for each print area on each worksheet in a workbook solely through
using VBA and without resorting to add-ins.

I work in an environment that is very secure and the use of individual
add-ins to resolve problems is discouraged. I need to know if there is VBA
code that will let me convert an existing print area on a worksheet into a
PDF file and use the sheetname as the name of the PDF file.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

George
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

George,
There's this thread on microsoft.public.excel.programming:

From: "Rob Bruce" <robatanalytical-dynamicsdotcodotyoukay
Subject: Macro launch - Button vs Manual launch , has different result
Date: 23 February 2005 19:33

Here's another way:
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/ellemme/do...DF%201.2.1.zip

Also, not sure if it's an option for you, but OpenOffice can open Excel
files, exports directly to PDF, has (its own) macro language.
I believe it also supports automation, but I've never tried it.

NickHK

"George Lynch" <George wrote in message
I can't help but notice that there are a number of questions about this

topic
but very few answers. What I need to know is this: is it possible to

create
a PDF file for each print area on each worksheet in a workbook solely

through
using VBA and without resorting to add-ins.

I work in an environment that is very secure and the use of individual
add-ins to resolve problems is discouraged. I need to know if there is

VBA
code that will let me convert an existing print area on a worksheet into a
PDF file and use the sheetname as the name of the PDF file.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

George

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your response. Please forgive the delay in my responding to
you; I was away until today.

Unfortunately I am blocked from the site you suggested:

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/ellemme/do...DF%201.2.1.zip

However, the thread you pointed me to looks quite interesting. I will set
up some testing and let you know how it comes out.

Thanks much for your response,

George

"NickHK" wrote:

George,
There's this thread on microsoft.public.excel.programming:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Nick,

I just tried it and this is what I get:

You don't have permission to access /ellemme/download/PDF 1.2.1.zip on this
server.

Any ideas?

George

"NickHK" wrote:

George,
There's this thread on microsoft.public.excel.programming:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this URI and click on link "PDF 1.2.1.zip"

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/ellemme/download/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That did it!

Thank you.

"DaVinci" wrote:

Try this URI and click on link "PDF 1.2.1.zip"

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/ellemme/download/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, I got the download, but I'm afraid I don't know what to do with it.

Any advice?