Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel not visible and get Not enough system resources to display completely

Hi,
I am getting the Excel error "Not enough system resources to display
completely" when I use automation to run Excel 2002 SP-2 launched from
Access 2002 SP-2. It is an automated process that kicks off at 4:15am.
I reboot every day before I leave. Excel is not visible. Today had
59 reports. It usually halts the reports around 6:15am when no one is
around to click OK. When Ok is clicked, it continues with no problems.

I use an array to populate the worksheets. This process has been
running daily for years, and this problem just started a month ago,
about a month after converting to XP. The reports that halt are wide
but not long. The widest goes to cell EJ391. Of course the users now
want to add 14 more columns. I put these 4 reports at the end, and it
still halted on smaller reports earlier in the process.

This morning I ran the process on a new machine with 1gig ram, 64mb
video. The zoom is at 100%. Got good info from decisionmodels.com. I
have done defrags, disk cleanup, swapfile size, reduced colors to 16bit
and 800by600. Randomly the Advanced button on the Display Properties
goes dim and I cannot change the screen resolution or colors. This
happened on the old pc and now this new one. We only replaced the box,
not the monitor, key, or mouse. Also, the server that the dbs and xls
are on is about out of room.

I am tired from and tired of getting up with this process just to click
ok!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Kristy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for the Application.DisplayAlerts=False idea. It works like
a charm, but as I understand it, it will no longer show any errors.

The same process described above has been getting another error 3034
Disk or network error intermittently. It sometimes halts the process.
For example, it will error on Mon (around 5:26am) but not on Tues.
When it errors, it gets thru compacting 3 of the 6 databases then gets
the error. On days it works, it compacts all 6 successfully.

An additional error that I think is related is error 52 Bad file name
or number when I run "Copyfile DBEngine(0)(0).Name, Left
(DBEngine(0)(0).Name, Len (DBEngine(0)(0).Name) - 4) & BACKUP.mdb".
This executes when my db, that does the compacts the other 6, closes.
This is also intermittant. Our tape backup does not backup open files,
and this one and another db stay open 24x7. Gotten the error on both.
I do reboot the machine every weekday. I have checked TEMP and TMP. I
have compacted both dbs manually.

Our network person is working with Microsoft. They will be doing
traces but since it errors on the same db I keep thinking it's a db
thing.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Kristy