Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
randys

Default Not enough system resources to display completely.

I get this error message every time I view a particular worksheet in my
spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is quite large (35 MB), so I realize that I must
be hitting a system resource limit. The question is which one? And can I
correct it? I have 1.5GB of ram in a Dell Latitude D600 laptop with a 2.00
Ghz processor. I have 3.72GB of free disk space. Could this be fixed with a
larger swapfile?

Please help; I can beef up my system if it solves the problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

Hi Randys,

See the following post by Gord Dibben:

http://tinyurl.com/8ddmr

---
Regards,
Norman

"randys" wrote in message
I get this error message every time I view a particular worksheet in my
spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is quite large (35 MB), so I realize that I
must
be hitting a system resource limit. The question is which one? And can I
correct it? I have 1.5GB of ram in a Dell Latitude D600 laptop with a 2.00
Ghz processor. I have 3.72GB of free disk space. Could this be fixed with
larger swapfile?

Please help; I can beef up my system if it solves the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Charles Williams

Norman,

Note that the post you are referencing only applies to Windows 98 and
Windows ME:

Windows XP does not have this limitation.
(But Excel has its own memory and resource manager which often produces this
message).

Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.1 now available
www.DecisionModels.com

"randys" wrote in message
I get this error message every time I view a particular worksheet in my
spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is quite large (35 MB), so I realize that I
must
be hitting a system resource limit. The question is which one? And can I
correct it? I have 1.5GB of ram in a Dell Latitude D600 laptop with a
2.00
Ghz processor. I have 3.72GB of free disk space. Could this be fixed with
larger swapfile?

Please help; I can beef up my system if it solves the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

Hi Charles,

Thank you for the information.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Charles Williams" wrote in message
Norman,

Note that the post you are referencing only applies to Windows 98 and
Windows ME:

Windows XP does not have this limitation.
(But Excel has its own memory and resource manager which often produces
this message).

Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.1 now available
www.DecisionModels.com

"Norman Jones" wrote in message
Hi Randys,

See the following post by Gord Dibben:

http://tinyurl.com/8ddmr

---
Regards,
Norman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Charles Williams

It can be hard to pin down the cause of the problem: but probably your
workbook has got too much/too many of something.

I would start by emptying your temp folder (Start --Run --%Temp% ) and
check the size of your .xlb file (should be less than 20kb)

Then some possible causes are shown at
http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimitsc.htm

regards
Charles